Proper worship attitude (5:1-7)
- humbly approach worship
- be careful with your words
- be careful with your promises
- fear God rather than vain pursuits
Rewards in life or eternity (8:10-13)
- the wicked are rewarded in life
- humanity is bent toward evil
- the end result of not fearing God
Conclusion: fear and obey God (12:9-14)
- the Preacher’s role reaffirmed
- wisdom is good…to a point
- humanity’s dependence on God
Big Idea of the Message: Our ultimate purpose in life is to seek after God and live according to His ways.
Application Point: What would it take for you to stop chasing after empty pursuits and strive to life your life for God?
Questions to Ponder :
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- Why is it important to come humbly before God?
- How can our words get us into trouble with others? With God?
- What does it mean to “fear God”?
- Should we seek rewards in this life? Why or why not?
- What is the “whole duty of man,” according to Ecclesiastes 12:13?
- What does it mean to follow God’s commandments?