The ebb and flow of time (3:1-8)
- life is constrained by time
- life has both highs and lows
Time compared to eternity (3:9-15)
- we are stuck in time longing for the eternal
- God’s gift to humanity is to enjoy our lives
- God’s work is lasting
Big Idea of the Message: Seeking after the eternal is a worthless pursuit.
Application Point: Focus your attention on all the different events of your day and evaluate them to see how God weaved them all together.
Questions to Ponder :
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- How easy is it to find meaning in the different times and seasons of life?
- What comes to mind when you hear “eat, drink, enjoy life”? Do you think a Christian can do this? How?
- Can Christians struggle to enjoy and take pleasure in life? What is the tension that Christians can have with pleasure?
- Why is God important when discussing life’s ultimate meaning? Is it safe
to say that a life without God seems meaningless?
- How can the struggles and questions we have in life help us turn to God?